Easy Holiday Roasted Vegetables with Pecans and Cranberries
The countdown to Thanksgiving has officially started! Are you excited?! Ok, ok, so as a Frenchie I don’t really celebrate Thanksgiving and actually, this year (2017!), I’ll be on the plane back to Paris (from Malta) on Thanksgiving day 😬 BUT…!
Through my blog, my readers (you!) and a part of my hubby’s family, I have a very strong connection to the US and Thanksgiving gets me pretty excited! Since the vast majority of my readers are American, I love to create recipes made with this special occasion in mind. And honestly? Thanksgiving food is just too good to be ignored, American or not!
Who wouldn’t like easy roasted veggies with sweet cranberries and toasted pecans?! I love how the veggies caramelize deliciously thanks to the balsamic vinegar and the maple syrup, bringing out amazing flavors. So yummy and so easy to make, too!
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe, for Thanksgiving or not 😉
Cal: 229 - Protein: 5.3g - Fat: 12.8g - Carbs: 27g - Fiber: 7g - Sugar: 14.3g
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2” pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleaning.
- In a large bowl mix together Brussels sprouts, carrots, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary and thyme until well combined.
- Scatter on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once, or until veggies are cooked through and slightly caramelized. Stir in pecans during the last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Remove from the oven, stir in cranberries and serve immediately.