Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken Thighs with Roasted Asparagus
Spring in a sheet pan, that’s what this dish is all about! Of course I had to celebrate the arrival of this new season with asparagus since they’re the emblem of Spring and they’re so delicious roasted! But the true star here is the chicken, with its delicious mustard coating. Chicken + mustard is a traditional combo, nothing new under the stars here, but boy does it work! So tender and flavorful, I love it 💓
What I love even more is how easy it is to put together. It’s definitely something you can prepare on a busy week night, when you’re too tired, too lazy and too short on time to cook for hours (that would be me about every night! 🙋). And also, there’s only one pan to clean. You know what that means? More time to watch Netflix! #yoohoo
Cal: 260 - Protein: 29g - Fat: 12.6g - Carbs: 5.9g - Fiber: 2.3g - Sugar: 2.8g
- 1.2 lbs / 558g / 20 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4-5 small thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1lb / 445g / 16oz asparagus
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice + 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on a cutting board. Pat chicken thighs to dry. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon olive oil over top the thighs, coating both sides. Then, season both sides with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Add to a baking sheet (without parchment paper) skin side down. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, rinse and dry asparagus. Remove the woody ends (you can snap them off easily). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple, mustard, garlic clove and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- At 15 minutes, remove chicken from oven, turn over and spread mustard mixture equally over top chicken thighs. Add asparagus stalks in one even layer on the pan. Drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil, using your hands to help coat all the stalks easily. Season with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Return to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until chicken thighs are cooked throughout and asparagus is browned and tender. Squeeze 1/2 lemon overtop asparagus and serve immediately.