Clean Eating Almond Chocolate Chips Cookies (Paleo + Vegan)
Hi friends! Today is the day for another Secret Recipe Club‘s reveal day! What’s the Secret Recipe Club you ask? It’s a fun blogger club! Each month, a blogger is secretly assigned another blogger and chooses a recipe to make. On reveal day (today for my group!), all our posts go up at the same time and we discover who was assigned our blog and which recipe she/he decided to try.
I was so so excited to discover that I was assigned Leigh’s blog Chit Chat Chomp this month! Leigh and I have so much in commun, it’s crazy. She is a “fellow” Aussie – not that I’m actually Australian, but I’ve been living in Sydney for more than 3 years so I definitely call it home! But that’s not it. Leigh’s obsessed with all things French and…oh hey hello, I also happen to be French! Coincidence? I think not haha. And if that wasn’t already enough, Leigh and I seem to have the same taste and “cooking style” <= is that even a thing? I guess you understand what I mean! She loves to bake but tries to keep things healthy = my kind of girl. As I was browsing her blog, I seriously had to restrain myself from commenting on about every single recipe of hers. I think that would have given me away… Plus I should also add that I love her food photography styling. She is one seriously talented cookie!
Speaking of cookies, I set my heart on her almond chocolate chips after seriously considering making her raspberry fudge, and I’m so glad I did. They’re so delicious! I loved their crumbly texture and nutty flavor. Plus they come together really quickly, perfect for to satisfy this sweet craving in minutes!
Go ahead and go say hi to Leigh, I’m sure you will love her blog 🙂
Cal: 194 - Protein: 5g - Fat: 16g - Carbs: 10.5g - Fiber: 2.5g - Sugar: 5.6g
WW Old Points: 5 pts - Points+: 6 pts
- 1 1/2 cups / 225g almond meal
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup - 40g dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup (or use raw honey or pure maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 340F - 170C
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form balls (about 1 tbsp in size) from the dough and place onto a lined baking tray, pressing down (they won't spread while baking), and bake for approximately 10-13 minutes until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool completely, as they will be too fragile to pick up when still warm.
Recipe from Chit Chat Chomp, originally from The Whole Pantry by Belle Gibson