Kale, Mushroom and Roasted Chickpea Rice Bowls
It’s been a little bit quiet around here this week! I wasn’t out of work though, as I’ve been actively preparing next week’s big launch. Any clue of what I’m referring too? wink wink. You guys, you have no idea how excited I am. I’ve been working on the project for a few months now and knowing that it’s finally becoming real makes me giddy. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, no worries. I’ll tell you all about it in a few day, so stay tuned!
Moving on to this kale, mushroom and roasted chickpea rice bowls recipe! These hearty and healthy bowls are loaded with veggies and full of good for you nutrients. But most importantly, thanks to all these various ingredients, this dish is bursting with flavor. This makes a great meatless dinner or lunch but you could also have it as a side with your favorite protein. Enjoy 🙂
Cal: 339 - Protein: 14.8g - Fat: 7.3g - Carbs: 56.8g - Fiber: 10.6g - Sugar: 4.7g
WW Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 9 pts
- 1 cup of your favorite rice blend (I used a blend of brown rice, red rice and black rice)
- 1 14-oz/400-g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- a pinch of salt
- 3 cups kale, stem removed and chopped (about 5 large leaves)
- 7 oz - 200 g baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz - 150 g oyster mushrooms, large ones cut in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, or 1 large, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Start by cooking rice according to package instructions. Drain (if needed) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chickpeas, one teaspoon olive oil, paprika and salt. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring half way through baking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet. Cook onion on medium heat until soft, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, kale and garlic, and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat. Stir in chickpeas, cooked rice, lemon juice and soy sauce. Adjust seasonings if needed and serve.