Pesto Zucchini Pasta with Chicken and Tomato
Happy friday friends! Are you tired of zucchini pasta yet? Because I have another recipe in store for you today! This time, it’s zucchini pasta with chicken, tomato and pesto. Classic combination but always a winner! It’s this time of year in the northern hemisphere when it becomes socially acceptable to eat basil pesto again because it gets warmer and basil is associated with summer. Well…as far as I’m concerned, basil pesto is all year round. And almost once a week. What can I say? I just love this stuff and eat it by the spoonful. So naturally pasta with pesto is also one of my favorite things.
I don’t eat ‘traditional’ wheat pasta anymore (or very rarely) because of its high carb content and also because I try to avoid gluten as much as possible. And honestly, I don’t miss it at all because zucchini pasta are the perfect alternative. See how they look exactly like ‘real’ pasta? The texture is very similar and the zucchini taste is very light: perfect to be served with any of your favorite sauce. How do you make these zucchini noodles you ask? With a spiralizer! This little kitchen tool will transform any veggies into delicious noodles in just a few minutes (It is on sale now on Amazon!).
Thanks for checking in and have a lovely weekend!
Inspired by Cooking Light
Cal: 290 - Protein: 31g - Fat: 15g - Carbs: 7.8g - Fiber: 2.5g - Sugar: 5.4g
WW Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 7 pts
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb / 450 g skinless chicken breast
- 0.5 lb / 250 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup basil pesto, store-bought or homemade
- Using your spiralizer, make zucchini noodles. If you don't have one, you can use a julienne slicer or a mandoline (but I've never tried myself). Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until browned and no longer pink inside about 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into chunks.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes to the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add chicken and zucchini noodles to the skillet. Stir in pesto and mix well until ingredients are coated.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe