Skinny Eggplant Rollatini
I am so excited by today’s recipe! These Skinny Eggplant Rollatini are so insanely delicious they would turn any eggplant hater into an unconditional lover. Yes, really! They are so tender you don’t even need a knife to cut them, they’ll just melt in your mouth. And look at all this gooey cheese! Doesn’t it look scrumptious? The only though of these rollatini makes me hungry!
The stuffing is made with three types of cheese (ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan) and spinach. Now, before you freak out because I said spinach (did you freak out?), let me tell you a little something. I’ve never been a fan of cooked spinach. Give me fresh spinach in a salad or a green smoothie any day but cooked? I’ll pass, thanks. Except, you really can’t taste them in these rollatini! Adding spinach with the cheese mixture is the perfect way to sneak in some greens without even realizing it. Delicious and healthy, win win!
Cal: 354 - Protein: 27.9g - Fat: 17.3g - Carbs: 24.4g - Fiber: 9g - Sugar: 12g
WW Old Points: 8 pts - Points+: 9 pts
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 cup (9 oz/ 250 g jar) reduced fat ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded light mozzarella, divided in 1/2 cup and 1 cup
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 9 oz / 250 g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, germ removed, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato passata or marinara
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Remove eggplants' ends and slice them thinly lengthwise. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and place 12 eggplant slices on it. You may need to use two baking sheet or bake eggplant in two batches depending on the size of your oven). Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool.
- While eggplants are cooking, prepare ricotta/spinach mixture. In a bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella (1/2 cup), parmesan, spinach, egg and garlic. Mix well and season to taste.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Generously spread ricotta/spinach mixture on an eggplant slice (about two heaped tablespoons), roll it and arrange in prepared dish, seam side down. Continue with remaining eggplant.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce (1/2 cup) and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella (1 cup). Cover with foil, reduce oven to 350F and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe