Lemon and Pesto Zucchini
I have seen so many zucchini recipes floating around lately that I can’t help but wondering: are zucchini trying to take over the planet? I’m not considering myself as a zucchini fan and I realized the other day that I had over 8 pieces waiting in the fridge. How is that even possible? I don’t even have a garden so there’s no “it’s-summer-I-have-too-many-zucchini-ready-to-be-harvested” problem. Anyway, I had to do something with those veggies before they went bad. This lemon and pesto zucchini side dish was a perfect way to use them up! As you know, zucchini tend to shrink a lot when being cooked so you need to use a lot of them if you want to obtain a decent amount at the end. Perfect! I had just made some basil and sun-dried tomatoes pesto so I figured they would pair perfectly with it. I added some garlic and lemon and tada the tasteless zucchini were transformed into a very tasty dish! This would be delicious with regular basil pesto as well, if that’s what you have on hand.
Cal: 88 - Protein: 2.79g - Fat: 6.6g - Carbs: 6g - Fiber: 2g - Sugar: 4.4g
WW Old Points: 2 pts - Points+: 2 pts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 6 small zucchini, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 batch of basil and sun-dried tomatoes pesto
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add zucchini and lemon juice to the skillet. Cook over high heat for about 6-7 minutes, stirring regularly. You want your zucchini to stay a bit crispy and not becoming mushy.
- Turn off the heat, add pesto and mix well to cover all the zucchini. Serve warm.
Save some time by using a food processor to slice the zucchini.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe