Bell Pepper, Mango and Red Onion Chicken
-WARNING – This is not your usual boring chicken recipe. This is more like… an exotic recipe! The kind you definitively have to try because the combination of ingredients taste really great. I first ‘discovered’ this combination when I created my Mango, Shrimp and Arugula Salad (my first recipe on the blog!) and I loved it (<= understatement). Mango, shrimp and red onion truly are amazing together. So when I spotted a similar recipe using chicken, I knew it would be a winner! I added some bell pepper and lime juice et voilà! I had myself a satisfying, healthy and super tasty meal, ready in no time. Next time, I will make sure to choose a mango that is not too ripe so it holds shape when cooking. If you’re not afraid of the sweet and savory flavors combined together, then you’ll love this unusual chicken recipe!
Cal: 234.5 - Protein: 26.81g - Fat: 5.82g - Carbs: 18.7 - Sugar: 3.35g - Fiber: 13.5g
WW Old Points: 4 pts - Points+: 5 pts
Inspired by L'Atelier des Chefs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut longwise in 4 pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 medium bell pepper)
- 3/4 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 3/4 cup red onion, sliced
- the juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine bell pepper, mango, red onion and lime juice.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, brown chicken on each sides, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Do not overcook it, you don't want a dry meat. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add bell pepper, mango, red onion and lime. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat, bring chicken back to the skillet, and mix.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with jasmine rice on the side.