Basil Shrimp Creamy Pasta
January 29, 2013 6 Comments
When I was still living with my mom I used to eat TONS of shrimps. They were on the table at least once a week. Then I moved in with Solal and things changed. You see, my sweet boyfriend doesn’t like shrimps. Well, if I’m being correct here, he likes shrimps only when they don’t taste like shrimps. Like drowned in a thick and strong sauce. So bye bye shrimp salads, shrimp appetizers and other yumminess for dinner. However, there’s no way I was going to give up on shrimps that easily. The only solution I have left? Lunch!
Yesterday morning I was working on Foodie Giveaways when, at 3pm, I realized I was starving. I was going to eat a quick and boring meal when I remembered the shrimps waiting for me in the freezer (obviously there’s very rarely some fresh shrimps available in the fridge, alas). This is how this Basil Shrimp Creamy Pasta recipe was born. In 15 minutes sharp I had a filling and tasty meal, perfect to satisfy my cravings for shrimps. It’s totally a keeper for a busy night when time goes crazy! I realize it may sound like a “summer” recipe because of the basil and maybe the shrimps, but hey this is not a valid excuse. I know you’re cold, maybe it’s even snowing where you live, but this is a big bowl of comforting warm pasta. Perfectly suitable for winter. Period.
Calories: 351 - Protein: 16g - Fat: 10.4g - Carbs: 47.5g - Fiber: 3.35g - WW Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 9 pts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 medium shrimps, peeled (I used raw frozen shrimps)
- 2 oz spaghetti
- 2 tbsp light Philadelphia cream for cooking
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic for about 30 seconds, then reduce to medium-low heat and add shrimps. Season with salt and cook until they become pink, about 5 minutes (cooking time will vary if you use fresh shrimps).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package direction, drain and set aside.
- When shrimps are cooked, transfer pasta to skillet, add Philadelphia cream for cooking and basil and stir well to incorporate. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
Just double up the ingredients for more servings!
You might also like