Happy belated Easter! Solal and I don’t really celebrate Easter but we LOVE what comes with it: the extra-long weekend! 4-day weekends are the best! And you know what’s even better? We’re doing it all over again next weekend for Anzac Day! Except it’ll only be three days, but hey, I can’t really complain about that. It’s better than nothing, right?
Winter is coming to
Westeros Australia (#gameofthronesrocks) but we certainly couldn’t tell this weekend. The weather was glorious and felt just like spring. Hence this Spring risotto, made with asparagus and green peas!
Now, if you think making risotto is complicated and a lot of work, well…you’re mistaken! True, it’s not a 5-minute meal but it’s pretty easy! And I should add…so worth the effort! Remember this post I made a few months ago on how to make a creamy restaurant-like risotto? It’s basically the same technique and recipe I used for this Spring Risotto except I added asparagus and green peas instead of mushrooms.
The key for a delectable risotto is to follow these 5 golden rules:
- Have all the ingredients ready when you begin. No chopping or measuring while making your risotto.
- Never leave your risotto unattended. Treat it like your 2 year-old.
- Add stock one cup at a time. You don’t want to drown your risotto.
- Keep stirring. You can take a few breaks, just don’t go do a load of laundry, alright?
- Serve your risotto straight away. Leftovers will taste good but a lot less creamy.
Have fun in the kitchen!