Skinny Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Quinoa Crust
Oh my god, girlfriends! This recipe! THIS RE.CI.PE!! It’s totally an OMG-this-is-SO-good food-face-inducing recipe. <== gosh I’m not making any sense, just ignore me. Except, don’t really because I’m pretty excited about this buffalo chicken pizza and I have the deepest inner feeling that you will freakin’ love it too!
Ok, remember these Skinny Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes? They’ve been so so popular and it has made me so so happy because I love them so! And when you and I share a food obsession, well, it’s beautiful. Anyways! This pizza is kind of the latest addition to the “healthylicious buffalo chicken by NEC” family and I’m so proud of my baby! It’s so yummy, it’s nutritious, it’s skinny. Only love, love, love.
In case you’re doubting the whole “quinoa crust” thing; don’t. I tell you all about it here, why you’ll love it and how easily you can make it. But if you don’t trust me enough (boo!), you can always use a regular pizza base instead. No hard feelings. (But hey, try it for me will you?) 💓
Cal: 306 - Protein: 24.8g - Fat: 12.4g - Carbs: 22.2g - Fiber: 2.3g - Sugar: 0.7g
- Quinoa pizza crust - see easy step-by-step recipe here - (or your favorite pizza base)
- 3 tbsp skinny blue cheese dressing - see recipe here
- 12 oz - 340 g chicken breast
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- /12 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 425F - 220C.
- Prepare the quinoa crust (see step-by-step recipe here).
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken. Place chicken breast in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and no longer pink inside (be careful not to overcook to avoid your chicken to be dry). Drain and transfer breast on a cutting board or a plate. Cut into cubes and set aside.
- In another pot (you can use the same one you used for the chicken) over medium heat, combine hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder. Add butter (or olive oil if using) and whisk while it's melting. When butter is incorporated, stir in cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water. Whisk until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and add cubbed chicken. Mix thoroughly to cover chicken with sauce.
- When crust is ready, spread 2 tablespoons of blue cheese dressing on it, then top with chicken (if you have a lot of buffalo sauce leftover with the chicken, don't add all of it on the pizza, it would make it soggy). Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of blue cheese dressing and top with cilantro leaves. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Make ahead tips: you can prepare the blue cheese dressing several days ahead, and the buffalo chicken the day before (make sure to store the chicken with the sauce so it doesn't get dry).