Clean Eating Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Bites (+ a free 50+ Clean Eating Snack Ideas list)
Hey girl, how about an energy bite that tastes just like a Ferrero rocher, only it doesn’t pack all the sugar and calories? Hmm yep, I thought you’d be into that. Please, let me introduce you to the ultimate guilt-free yet scrumptious snack: these clean eating cacao and hazelnut energy bites!
The only annoying thing about them is that you’ll need a hundred ingredients and half the afternoon to make them, which can prove a bit inconvenient. Alright, JUST KIDDING! How about 4 ingredients (and one of them is actually optional…) and 20 minutes! YES! That’s what I call a winner. You’ll need to let them rest for about an hour in the fridge, but that doesn’t count because you can forget them and go watch a new episode of Narcos in the meantime #Netflixismybestfriend
I just love myself a good snack that’s portable and that I can just grab whenever my stomach reminds me of its existence (which is about every two hours in my case haha).
Snacking is such an important part of a healthy diet! It helps you avoid overeating because snacks keep you full between meals. And because you won’t be so ravenous comes your next meal, you are less likely to overeat then. Snacking also helps keeping your blood sugar levels steady and thus avoids sugar crush fatigue. Does being “hangry” sound familiar to you? 🙋🙋 Snacks are your best friends.
Of course, snacking on Nutella and doritos doesn’t work but coming up with healthy snack ideas can be challenging sometimes. SO! I made you a list! A nice list of 50+ clean eating snack ideas that you can download just below 👇👇 Print it, keep it on your phone and snack your heart away! Enjoy, friend!
Cal: 74 - Protein: 1.4g - Fat: 4.9g - Carbs: 7.6g - Fiber: 1.4g - Sugar: 5.6g
- 1 1/2 cup roasted skinless hazelnuts (divided into 1 cup + 1/2 cup)
- 6.5 oz / 200 g medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Add 1/2 cup hazelnut into the bowl of your food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer in another bowl and set aside.
- Process 1 cup hazelnut into the bowl of your food processor and process until finely chopped. Add chopped medjool dates, cacao powder and nutmeg. Process until well combined. Add about 2 teaspoons hot water and process until mixture comes together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With damp hands, roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into balls. Roll balls in reserved nuts to coat. TIP: if the hazelnuts don't stick, dunk balls in water before rolling. Place balls on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour and eat! Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from The Australian Women's Weekly