Healthy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt (Without a Machine!)
You might argue that I have an addiction to sushi, as I eat some at the very least once a week. No matter the amount of good food I have in my fridge, at some point I’ll just need my sushi fix. I’m SURE some of you girls reading me are exactly the same. I can think of at least two friends who are sushi-junkies just like me. And to be honest, I don’t think it’s a problem at all. Why would it be?! Sushis are healthy! At least when you stick to the simple fish ones. And lucky me, I don’t like the funky mayo ones.
The other food addiction in my house is my husband’s, and his thing is ice cream. And that….is not as healthy haha. One day he brought home a big tub of Reese’s Ice Cream, I tasted it and unfortunately…I liked it. The devil was in my house (just look at all the ingredients, and if you dare, the nutrition facts!). But I put my Self-Control-Yogi suits on, ignored the freezer and resisted the temptation #goodgirl. Except it tasted really, really good so I tried to recreate something similar in taste, but a little better for you.
I came up with a 4-ingredient recipe that’s really easy. No ice-cream maker needed (I don’t have one!), just a few ingredients to stir together and then hop in the freezer it goes. It’s so delicious and you won’t feel guilty eating it! Enjoy 🙂
Cal: 279 - Protein: 18.3g - Fat: 15.5g - Carbs: 20.7g - Fiber: 2g - Sugar: 17g
WW Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 8 pts
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped if you want to make it completely refined sugar free)
- Blend together Greek yogurt, peanut butter and honey in your food processor. Using a spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour in two medium size freezer bags, flatten them with your hand, leaving the air out and seal. Stack and place in the freezer (keep them flat).
- Freeze between one and two hours (start checking after an hour) until it reaches a soft-serve consistency and serve.
- It's best eaten the same day but if you don't, place the freezer bag on the counter to defrost for a few minutes before serving (it will be rock solid!). Or you could also break it up into barks (I love eating it this way!).