The Best Chicken with Mushrooms
Don’t you get tired of all these food bloggers constantly saying their latest recipe is their favorite ever and/or the best ever? <— ahem, I hope you don’t because…I’m actually talking about myself here haha. I do it all the time and I just made up a word for it: it’s called over-enthusiasm. I’m not even going to try and defend myself – I plead guilty and hope the food blog police won’t come and get me.
I didn’t even dare looking at the chicken recipes archives to read the posts I wrote because I remember at least two times when I said the recipe was my new favorite. And I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more. Worst thing of all, I swear I mean it every.single.time and this chicken with mushroom is no exception! I just adored this recipe and it was quite frankly the best chicken with mushroom I can remember. So I just called it that. Does this mean you have to give it a try ASAP? Sure does! If you’re not a mushroom people (who are you?!) this will definitely not be your favorite chicken recipe ever. But if you’re one of the good people (just kidding!)…please make this for dinner, and let me know below in the comments if I’m exaggerating! (But even if I don’t, let me know anyway, mmmkay?)
Cal: 416 - Protein: 13.8g - Fat: 18.5g - Carbs: 11.7g - Fiber: 2.9g - Sugar: 6.6g
WW Old Points: 9 pts - Points+: 7 pts
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1.3 lbs - 600 g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp flour (Use gluten free flour for GF - I used Bob's Red Mill)
- sea salt + freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 lb - 500 g white button mushroom, stems removed, cut into quarters
- 2 oz - 50 g pancetta, chopped
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup packed parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken thighs, dust with 1/2 tablespoon flour and season with salt and pepper. Brown then flip the chicken, dust with 1/2 tablespoon flour and brown the other side. Remove from the skillet.
- Add pancetta and mushroom, and cook until mushroom are soft, about 3-4 minutes, stirring for time to time. Remove from the skillet.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and cook shallot for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add vinegar and chicken stock, bring to a gentle boil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Bring the chicken and mushrooms back to the skillet, stir and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
Adapted from BBC Good Food