Easy Pumpkin Granola (Gluten Free – Refined Sugar Free – Vegan)
Do you remember this granola from last year guys? It was originally included in my recipe for Pumpkin Granola and Apple Yogurt Parfaits (<== long name but you HAVE to give it a try. OMG i’m in love!) but given its level of yumminess, I thought it deserved a little blog post on its own. You know, some people don’t like apples cooked in cinnamon (say what?!) or don’t like parfaits (please, explain!) so…I just wanted to give more exposure to this much loved pumpkin granola.
As I’m typing this post, I have a batch in the oven and seriously, the smell is so comforting! All I want to do is read a lovely book by the fireside, wrapped up in a blanket while drinking herbal tea. Except I don’t have a fireplace and it’s just way too sunny at the moment for that situation to be acceptable. But who cares? I’m loving this cozy fall atmosphere, and I’m loving this pumpkin granola even more. Seriously, it’s so delicious! Give it a go, and tell me what you think! Enjoy 🙂
Cal: 247 - Protein: 4g - Fat: 16.4g - Carbs: 24g - Fiber: 5.2g - Sugar: 8.5g
WW Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 7 pts
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten free oats for GF)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F/160F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, pecan and spices. In another medium bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, maple syrup and honey. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and spread oat mixture in a single layer. The thiner the layer, the better. If you don't have two baking sheets, do two batches. Don't overcrowd the sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until granola is golden and no longer wet (it might be a little more or less depending on your oven). Halfway through baking, take granola out of the oven and stir it (this will allow an even baking and your granola will be crunchy on all sides). When granola is ready, turn the oven off and keep the granola inside for about 5 minutes. This will make it even crispier! Remove from the oven and stir in dried cranberries. Cool completely and eat!