Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Wings
Food doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious, and these oven baked crispy chicken wings are here to prove my point!
Only a few commun ingredients are needed to make the tasty marinade: honey, olive oil, lime, ground ginger and hot pepper sauce. Let the chicken wings bath overnight or for at least one hour and you’ll have a tasty and super tender meat.
I think these would be great on the BBQ too but they’re also perfect baked in the oven. Just make sure the oven is super hot to get this mouth-watering, crispy skin.
Cal: 419 - Protein: 31.5g - Fat: 29g - Carbs: 7.6g - Fiber: 0.04g - Sugar: 7g
WW Old Points: 11 pts - Points+: 11 pts
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp hot pepper paste or tabasco (or more if you can handle the heat!)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs / 900 g chicken wings
- Cilantro for serving - optional
- In a large glass bowl or container, whisk together lime juice, ginger, hot pepper paste, honey, olive oil and salt.
- Prepare chicken. Cut each wing in half: break the joint with your hands and then cut using scissors or a knife. Skip this step if the wings are already separated.
- Transfer chicken to the bowl with the marinade and mix thoroughly with your hands. Make sure every piece of chicken is coated with marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and marinate overnight or for at least a hour (the longer your marinate, the better!). If you can, mix from time to time.
- Preheat oven to 350F / 280C. Line a large baking dish with foil and arrange wings (skin side down, if applicable). Make sure they do not touch. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip wings (skin side up, if applicable) with a tong. Bake for another 10 minutes or until skin is crispy. Keep an eye of them because the line between crispy and burnt is thin! Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold with fresh cilantro.
- Optional: you can serve the wings with the remaining marinade. Transfer marinade in a small pot, bring to a boil and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over wings or serve in a small bowl on the side.