Quick and Easy Hazelnut Sardines Rillettes
Being more of a savoury girl, I’ve always loved appetizers (more than desserts!) and rillettes are on my top 10 list. Any kind of rillettes, really. I love the ones made with meat or fish. I’ve already shared a quick and easy recipe for salmon rillettes on the blog, and now it’s time for another fish: sardines!
Lots of rillettes recipes call for heavy cream, and you know me, it wasn’t going to happen. I find that Greek yogurt works perfectly to give this spread the perfect texture and taste, while saving our hips lots of calories. If you have no problem with gluten, you can serve these on toasts but if you do, it’s also delicious on cucumber slices.
Cal: 103.5 - Protein: 8.9g - Fat: 6.8g - Carbs: 1.9g - Fiber: 0.6g - Sugar: 0.8g
WW Old Points: 3 pts - Points+: 3 pts
- 2 oz - 50 grams hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped finely (about 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped finely
- 2 cans (about 4 oz - 110g each) sardines in olive oil, mostly drained
- 1/3 cup (about 3.5 oz - 100 g) Greek yogurt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Add all the ingredients in a medium bow and using a fork, mix until well combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with additional chives (optional). Cover and keep in the fridge until ready to eat (the flavors will develop). Serve on toasts or on cucumber slices for a low carb/gluten free/primal option.
Adapted from Saveurs French magazine.