Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends! I reckon you are all set up for the celebrations but in case you forgot the dessert or were too busy to even think about it, I have just what you need. This luscious very berry ice cream will be on your table in less than 5 minutes and requires only 3 ingredients! And don’t worry if you don’t own an ice cream maker (I don’t either!), there’s no need for it. All you need is frozen berries (or any fruit you like), coconut milk (or your favorite milk) and stevia (or another sweetener). Put everything is your food processor, process until smooth and eat! See how easy it is? I’ve been making this ice cream for months, whenever I’m craving something sweet but don’t want to go heavy on the carbs. With only 13 grams of carbs per serving, this recipe fits the bill perfectly! You can either eat your ice cream straight out of the food processor or store it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. Enjoy!
Cal: 122 - Protein: 1.5g - Fat: 8.4g - Carbs: 13g - Fiber: 3.8g - Sugar: 6.9g
WW Old Points: 2 pts - Points+: 3 pts
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup coconut milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/2 tbsp powdered stevia (or more to taste)
- Combine frozen berries, milk and stevia in the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth. Taste the mixture and adjust sweetener to your taste if needed.
- You can eat this ice cream straight away (it will have a soft-serve texture). If you're not planning on eating it now, transfer it to metal tin (I used a loaf pan) and place in the freezer for 2 hours. Stir occasionally for a smoother ice cream. If you're planning on freezing it for more than 2 hours, take it out of the freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving to let it soften.
You can basically use any fruits you like for this recipe. Just freeze them ahead of time and follow the same recipe!
You could also use Greek yogurt instead of milk
You can also use honey, rice syrup or any of your favorite sweetener.