The recipe I’m sharing today is a repost from the archive. I’m currently on vacation in Europe for the whole month of June. We arrived in Paris yesterday and I’m staying there for a couple of days before heading to Normandy on Wednesday. Starting next week, I’ll be doing themed weeks on the blog with recipes inspired by the places I’m visiting and vacation pictures so you can feel like you’re traveling too
I’ll be popping in and out on social media, so feel free to follow me on Instagram (@notenoughcinnamon) for vacation pictures and updates.
Please meet the ultimate summer comfort food. This Shrimp Pasta Salad is so good you won’t get enough of it. When it’s hot outside, this is the perfect refreshing lunch (or dinner!) you’ll be craving. It’s also a perfect dish to bring to a BBQ or a backyard party.
No big surprise with the ingredients. You’ll only need some pasta (I used Rigatoni, they do the job perfectly), cooked shrimps, light mayonnaise, red onion and lemon. If you don’t like shrimp, not problem! Just sub with grilled chicken or tuna!
Here is a simple trick on cooking pasta. I always use a fat-free and low sodium chicken bouillon cube (from Knorr) or liquid stock to cook them. It gives a wonderful flavor very easily with no added calories.
I highly recommend that you don’t eat the salad right away but let it stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes after making it. It will allow the flavors to fully develop and the salad will be fresh. Believe me, it’s like 10 times better.
Cal: 336 - Protein: 19.57 g - Fat: 6.69 g - Carbs: 48.3 g - Fiber: 2.5 g - Sugar: 3.87g
Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 9 pts
- 2 oz uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 bouillon cube Knorr (optional)
- 3 oz cooked shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- chive, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package direction in water with chicken bouillon cube (you can also use chicken stock instead of bouillon cube). Set aside and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, shrimps, onion. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Toss well.
- Set aside in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or until ready to eat. Garnish with chopped chive and serve.
You can easily double or tripe the recipe if you need to make this for a larger crowd.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe