Easy Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Yes, you read that right! These easy mozzarella stuffed meatballs are just how they sound: OUT OF THIS WORLD! The concept is simple: an ooey gooey mozzarella heart wrapped in a super tasty parmesan and ground beef mixture. Your whole family will melt for these meatballs!
And here’s the good news: they are only 230 calories per serving, very low in carb (0.5 grams!) and gluten free! Not to mention the serving size is generous (four meatballs!). Trust me, after that, you’ll be more than full! To keep it low carb and low cal you can serve them with zucchini noodles or roasted veggies like asparagus or broccoli. And if you don’t care about carbs and calories, then you could simply go for traditional pasta or egg noodles with marinara sauce! Either way, it’ll be scrumptious!
Cal: 232 - Protein: 29g - Fat: 11.8g - Carbs: 0.5g - Fiber: 0g - Sugar: 0.11g
WW Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 6 pts
- 1 lb / 500 g extra lean ground beef (beef mince)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp fat free ricotta
- 1 egg
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 20 mini mozzarella bocconcini (the smallest you can find)
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, parsley, garlic, parmesan, ricotta and egg. Mix well (use your hands, it's fun and works better than a spoon or fork). Season with salt and pepper.
- Using yours hands, form a meatball using about one tablespoon meat mixture. Press a bocconcini into the center of the meatball. Make sure the bocconcini is well covered with meat to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients. You should get about 20 meatballs.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Brown meatballs for about 30 seconds on each side (handle them carefully to make sure they don't break and bocconcini remain sealed inside). Don't overcrowd meatballs in the skillet - make two batches if necessary. Transfer browned meatballs to a baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately with marinara sauce (optional)
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe