Greek Style Chicken Wraps
May 2, 2014 add a comment
A Greek Style Chicken Wrap made with the ingredients you love in the classic Greek salad: cucumber, olives and red onions. And to take this already delicious combo to the next level? A luscious sauce made with thick and creamy Greek yogurt, refreshing lemon and flavourful basil. Can this get any better?
Solal had two wraps in a row – and I don’t mean one wrap cut into two pieces, I really mean two wraps (yep, exactly, four pieces). This might give you a slight idea of how good these things are. And also how MUCH he eats – but don’t get me started on that. It’s impressive. I’m so glad he’s here to help me deal with all the food I cook, especially these days when I’m testing recipes for my eCookbook. Some days, the kitchen is so full of French goodies I don’t even know where to put the next batch I make… Granted, my kitchen is somewhat small, but still! These wraps? No problem with stocking them, they were gone in a day!
Cal: 373 - Protein: 38.4g - Fat: 7g - Carbs: 40.2g - Fiber: 5.3g - Sugar: 3.5g
WW Old Point: 1 pts - Points+: 9 pts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Greek style yogurt
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (about 1/2 Continental cucumber), skin on
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thinly, rings separated
- 16 pitted kalamata olives
- 4 large pita breads (also called lebanese bread)
- Start by cooking the chicken. Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Season and cook chicken breasts on high 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until a nice golden 'crust' forms. Reduce heat and cook until no longer pink (cooking time will vary according to thickness of breasts and your equipment). Remove from skillet. When chicken is cool enough to handle, chop into small cubes. Set aside and let completely cool.
- Prepare the sauce. In a bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice and basil. Season to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine cold chicken, cucumber, onion and olives. Add sauce and toss well to coat.
- Spoon in the center of each pita bread and wrap tightly. Secure with toothpicks, cut in half with a sharp knife and serve immediately.
You can make the chicken mixture ahead and form the wraps at the last minute.
Use can use a tortilla instead of the pita bread.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe
Asian Lettuce Wraps (beef)