Zucchini Pasta with Quick and Easy Turkey Bolognese
Let me tell you the story of these Zucchini Pasta with Quick and Easy Turkey Bolognese. I was coming back home from a very intense workout at the gym (heavy weights lifting and all), I was STARVING, the fridge was half empty and I needed to eat something ASAP. I’m a horrible person when I’m hungry so really, it had to be quick (you know that meme that says “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry”? Well, I’m pretty sure it was written after me). I pulled out some ground turkey, tomato sauce, garlic and fresh basil. I already had some zucchini noodles ready so my idea was to make some sort of meat and tomato sauce. I really wasn’t expecting anything from it. You know, just an ‘okay’ quick fix. Mind you! It was super tasty! Like, really really good!
While I don’t pretend it’s some grande cuisine and a recipe that deserves to be in the greatest cookbook of all times, I think it’s perfect when you need a very tasty dish on the table in less than 30 minutes. Actually it’s even 20 minutes. And who doesn’t always have tomato sauce and garlic in their pantry? You do, right? 🙂 Speaking of tomato sauce, I think it’s crucial to use a good quality one (I used some organic passata from Woolworths if you care to know). There’s only 5 ingredients so each of them really has to be good.
Of course you can have this sauce with ‘regular’ pasta. I had mine with zucchini noodles made with the Spiralizer and it was delicious!
Cal: 300 - Protein: 33g - Fat: 13g - Carbs: 15g - Fiber: 4.3g - Sugar: 11.5g
WW Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 8 pts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 18 oz/500g ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups good quality passata (tomato sauce)
- a large handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 small to medium zucchini, peeled
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add ground turkey, break into tiny pieces and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain liquid and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well. Cook on high until bubbly then reduce to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add basil, stir and cook for 3 minutes. Sauce should be thick.
- While sauce is cooking, prepare zucchini pasta with your Spiralizer.
- Remove sauce from the heat and add zucchini pasta and parmesan to the skillet. Stir to cover pasta with sauce and serve. Top with additional parmesan (optional!)
If you're not in a hurry/your fridge is full, feel free to throw in additional veggies like chopped carrots and celery.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe
This post contains affiliate links. It means that if you buy a Spiralizer via this post I will earn a small commission, at no additional cost for you. There, I said it. Thanks