Christmas Eve is next week! Can you believe it? I did most of my Christmas shopping today because err…I didn’t realize it was Christmas until last week. Probably because it’s now summer in Australia and the sun and the beach don’t exactly help with the White Christmas mood. Tell me I’m not the only one, please! What about the food? Did you decide what you’re going to make or bring to your Christmas party yet? I’m usually all about menu planning, especially for the holiday but this year…nada.
I truly have no idea what I’m going to cook and bake. These cherry and pistachio puff pastry twists will probably make an appearance. As well as these Parmesan, Oregano and Pine Nuts Melts I’m sharing today. If you’re doing everything ‘last minute’ like me this year, I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe. It calls for only 4 ingredients and it’s ready in no time. And do I need to say anything about the parmesan/oregano combination? Right, you already know it’s amazing 😉
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
Cal: 63 - Protein: 5.2g - Fat: 4.2g - Carbs: 1g - Fiber: 0.03g - Sugar: 0.14g
- 2 cups fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp oregano (or more for a stronger taste)
- 1 heaped tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- If your Parmesan isn't fine enough, start by pulsing it a few seconds in your food processor. In a large bowl, combine Parmesan, flour and oregano.
- Place a round cookie cutter on the prepared baking sheet. Carefully sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese mixture into the cutter and smooth the surface.. Remove the cutter. Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving a 1-inch gap between each melt. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I decided to use only 1/2 tsp of dried oregano because I wanted the taste to be subtle. Don't hesitate to use 1 tsp for a stronger flavor.