Sweet Potato Chicken Soup
Posting this recipe today couldn’t be more appropriate. I’ve been sick for two days and gosh how I wish I could have one bowl of this delicious soup right now! This recipe is comfort food at its best and I’m sure I would feel much better just by eating a few tablespoons! Alas no chicken wings in the fridge and anyway all I can do today is lay in bed and sleep. Bummer.
This chicken soup is loaded with sweet potatoes, carrots and celery but you can basically throw in any vegetable you have on hands. The chicken wings are browned first to add more dimension to this dish and instead of using water, I opted for chicken stock for a super tasty result.
Cal: 391 - Protein: 25g - Fat: 18g - Carbs: 34.9g - Fiber: 4.9g - Sugar: 9.4g
WW Old Points: 9 pts - Points+: 10 pts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken wings
- 6 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp tabasco
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Brown chicken wings on each sides (you may need to work in several batches); season with salt and pepper. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, brown sweet potatoes for about 3 minutes. Add carrots, celery, tabasco and basil; stir well.
- Bring chicken back to the pot, cover with chicken stock and stir.
- Bring to a boil (this can take up to 10 minutes), cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
You can throw in any veggies you have on hands.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe