Remember the delicious crockpot chicken I told you about and couldn’t wait to share with you? This is it!! I’ve found a way to take decent pictures of it! I basically prepared it just before going to bed so I could photograph it in the morning. I’m always hungry for breakfast but waking up to such an amazing smell starved me. It was so appetizing I seriously considered having chicken for breakfast. Some people have breakfast for dinner (us included) so why not dinner for breakfast? Ok, it would have been slightly weird and I wanted to keep this chicken for dinner anyway. The thing is, I have so many crockpot recipe ideas in store for you that I’m pretty sure I will eventually eat dinner for breakfast at one point or another
This Slow Cooker Lemon and Rosemary Chicken not only smells delicious (third time I’m mentioning it, right?), it’s also an amazing combination of ingredients. Rosemary, people. Rosemaryyyyyy. This herb is pretty incredible, don’t you think? It’s -one- of my latest food obsession. I add it to anything I cook lately. Well, almost. It takes any dish to the next level, adding depth effortlessly, and works wonder when paired with lemon and a hint of honey. Uumm, I’m salivating just at the thought of it. Bottom line, if you own a slow cooker and want a tasty super easy dinner, look no further, you’ve found it! Oh and if you don’t have a slow-cooker? Go get one, you need one in your life!
Cal: 241 - Protein: 27g - Fat: 12.28g - Carbs: 4.5g - Fiber: 0.3g - Sugar: 3.8g
WW Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 6 pts
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 lemon slices
- Rinse chicken with water and pat dry. Arrange in the slow cooker.
- Stuff chicken with olives and garlic cloves.
- Using your fingers, gently lift the skin over the breasts and place 3 of the 5 rosemary sprigs. Arrange the 2 other ones on the legs (see the pic).
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange lemon slices over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours depending the size of the chicken.
- Don't toss the juices, make a gravy! Whisk 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot with the juice.
Don't toss the juices, make a gravy! Whisk 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot with the juice.