It’s been on my wish list for months and it finally made it to my kitchen: I’m the proud owner of a slow-cooker! Ok, it’s not exactly fresh news as I’ve had it for about a month now, but I never mentioned how great it is. I totally get the slow-cooker craze now that I own one! It is so convenient to just throw the ingredients in the pot in the morning and come home at night to a delicious smell and a hot meal ready to be devoured!
The other day I had a few apples sitting on my counter and I was craving something sweet. With cinnamon. Because, hey you know there’s never enough cinnamon in my life! I knew I was going to use my slow cooker but I wanted to twist the classic applesauce. I settled for pumpkin and added pumpkin pie spice to the mix. Talked about a salivating combo, and our apartment just smelled amazing!
Cal: 51 - Protein: 0.5g - Fat: 0.1g - Carbs: 13.6g - Fiber: 1.3g - Sugar: 10g
WW Old Points: 1 pt - Points+: 1 pt
- 7 medium apples, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 11 oz pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Combine all the ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring from time to time.
- Transfer to the bowl of your food processor and purée until smooth. If you prefer your applesauce chunky, skip this step.