This recipe almost didn’t make it to the blog. Because we almost devoured the whole thing before I could take some pictures. I say almost because, well, we resisted the evil temptation but honestly, this photo shoot was a torture for Solal and I. It started with the smell in the kitchen. Is there anything better than the smell of crispy chicken skin? Ok, maybe there is => baked apples with cinnamon. But grilled chicken is definitively in the top 3! Oh gosh, sometimes I wish we could eat the smell. Anyway, our stomachs were already on the alert when things got worse with the glaze. May I say something about this glaze? IT’S AMAZING! No, really. Amazing like you want to eat it by the spoonful even if it burns your tongue (I may or may not have done that). See how glossy delicious it is?
Can you picture me, photographing those wings while Solal, sitting close by, tries to work but instead stares at them like a kid would stare at the windows of a candy store? Yep, that’s exactly how it looked like. The worst thing is, this photo shoot took me way longer than usual. That’s bad luck. But the reward for waiting so long was great. Because those wings? They’re finger lickin’ good.
Glaze recipe from Marta Stewart
Cal: 373 - Protein: 23g - Fat: 20.4g - Carbs: 22.7g - Fiber: 0.25g - Sugar: 20.9g
WW Old Points: 9 pts - Points+: 10 pts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 whole chicken wings (drumette + mid-section + tip)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- coarse sea salt and pepper
- 2 tsp red-wine vinegar
- Start with the glaze first. In a saucepan, combine orange juice, pomegranate juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced by 1/2 cup, about 15 to 25 minutes, stirring and scraping down sides of pan with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula. Once the pomegranate mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, cool it for a moment, then run your finger through it to make a line. The glaze is ready when the line doesn't fill in. Stir in vinegar and reserve for later.
- While the glaze is cooking, prepare the chicken. Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. When hot, brown chicken wings, about 5 to 10 minutes or until the skin gets golden brown. Remove from skillet and arrange on lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then bake between 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the wings and your oven) or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and brush wings with pomegranate glaze. Broil on high for about one minute, paying attention not to burn the wings. Brush with remaining glaze and serve!
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe