Popsicles. I know. It’s the end of August, most kiddos are back to school and you’re already into Fall mode. But wait, summer isn’t over just yet! Technically it only ends on the 21st of September so I say, make the most of it until it’s gone for real! And that includes eating frozen treats. Like popsicles.
Here in Sydney it’s still Winter but the weather is already starting to get warmer, which is obviously to my liking. It was 77F/25C this weekend so we had our first picnic of the season in Centennial Park, Sydney’s biggest park that is just 5 minutes away from where we live. Enjoying a delicious lunch in the sun, with the birds singing around you, in such a beautiful park is absolutely priceless. Back home, we had some kiwi and orange popsicles for dessert and it was the perfect conclusion to a nice picnic.
Now tell me, strawberries are cheap and absolutely delicious at the moment down under so I would love to share a berry popsicles recipe with you guys next week. It is really too late or should I just go for it?
Kiwi and Orange Popsicles
Cal: 56 - Protein: 1g - Fat: 0.4g - Carbs: 13.3g - Fiber: 2.1g - Sugar: 8.8g
WW Old Points: 1 pt - Points+: 1 pt
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice (I used pulp free)
- 10 kiwifruits, peeled
- your favorite sweetener (optional - I didn't use any)
- Fill the popsicle molds with 1 tablespoon orange juice per popsicle. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- While the first orange layer is setting, prepare the kiwi layer. Purée the kiwi in a food processor. Taste the mixture and sweeten it to your liking (I didn't add any sweetener). Pour kiwi into the popsicle molds. Add the sticks and freeze for another hour.
- Pour the remaining orange juice (1 tbsp/popsicle) and freeze one hour or until ready to be licked!
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe
Fresh Strawberry Granita
Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Bites
Dairy Free, Desserts, Frozen Dessert, Gluten free, Low carb, Paleo, Paleo/Primal, Primal, Recipes, Snacks, Summer Recipes, Under 300 cal, Vegan, Vegetarian,
DID YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE?
THEN STICK AROUND!
Get easy, healthy and delicious recipes in your mailbox
+ free goodies