I think this is my favorite chicken recipe on this blog so far. I should probably check my recipe index before making such a statement, but I honestly can’t recall any recipe being as delicious as this one. This is a total winner. Just a few ingredients, ready in 20 minutes and oh gosh that taste!
I just want to clarify something before you go straight to the ingredient list. Yeah, you already did. But please bare with me. I totally agree, fish sauce smells disgusting. BUT you absolutely cannot taste it in the recipe. I mean, it sure adds a delicious flavor, otherwise it won’t be listed, but you can’t tell it’s fish sauce. It’s just…good, that’s all. I’m just saying in case you’ve never used fish sauce before. Don’t be intimidated, ok?
Cal: 265.5 - Protein: 28g - Fat: 13g - Carbs: 8.8g - Fiber: 1.9g - Sugar: 3g
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (I swear it doesn't taste like fish!)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (I used 1 jumbo), minced
- 2 tbsp craisins
- Combine chicken pieces, arrowroot and fish sauce in a bowl. Mix well to make sure all the chicken is well coated.
- Toast the almonds. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add slivered almonds and stir constantly. After a few seconds, the almonds will start to brown and be fragrant. Remove from skillet and set aside. Be careful, the almonds can burn very quickly.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil. When hot, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes (depending on the size of your pieces) or until no longer pink on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Turn off the heat and stir in toasted almonds and craisins. Serve right away.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe