Today I’m bringing you a super delicious and nutritious salad recipe that I love. I’ve made it several time and I love how it comes together so quickly. To me this salad is the perfect post-workout meal you need to fuel your body and help rebuild your muscles. It contains healthy fats thanks to the cashews and the olive oil, good quality carbs with the dried apricots, lean proteins with the pastrami and a good dose of veggies with the baby spinach. A complete meal ready in 5 minutes sharp — which is convenient when you’ve just come back from the gym and you’re starving! The sweet and savory salad is definitively my type and in this recipe I love how the flavors are combined together. The sweetness of the dried apricots is balanced by the savory ingredients in a burst of flavor! If you’re not too big into one of the ingredients, you can easily substitute them. You can for instance use another dried fruit, or another deli meat like silverside or whatever you like.
Cal: 499 - Protein: 20.36g - Fat: 33g - Carbs: 35.64g - Fiber: 4.9g - Sugar: 20.79g
WW Old Points: 12 pts - Points+: 14 pts
- 2 cups baby spinach (or other salad you like)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped dried apricots (without added sugar), 10 halves
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 slices roughly chopped beef pastrami
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped shallots
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Arrange baby spinach in a plate, followed by all the others ingredients.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients together. Drizzle over salad and serve.