I simply love this dish because it comes out in minutes. Really, it’s like the perfect dinner for a busy night. It doesn’t require a lot of prep, just an onion to slice and some olives to chop and you’re done. Pair it with a big salad or some veggies and you have a complete healthy and tasty meal. Those past weeks, I’ve been making this recipe at least once a week. I like to make a large quantity to have leftovers for the next day, they taste great.
Cal: 241 - Protein: 26.9g - Fat: 10.99g - Carbs: 8.12g - Fiber: 2.25g - Sugar: 2.95g
WW Old Points: 5 pts - WW Points+: 6 pts
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 very large onion (or 2 medium), sliced (not chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, germ removed, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef (I used extra lean)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (about 20 small olives), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives (about 15 medium olives), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes (I used passata)
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add olive oil, then onion and garlic and cook 30 seconds (you want to keep them crispy). Add ground beef and cook another 30 seconds. Break beef into pieces while cooking. Add olives (green and kalamata), hot pepper flakes and crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, stir well and cook for 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through (when no longer pink).
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
This dish makes great leftovers. It also freezes well.