1. Is this soup delicious yet healthy? Absolutely!
2. Does it calls for heavy cream? Absolutely not! I used evaporated milk (again) to lightened up this one and the result is a very tasty soup, full of flavors.
I really love it! Too bad asparagus aren’t really in season for me…
Cal: 165 - Protein: 10g - Fat: 6g - Carbs: 16g - Fiber: 2g - Sugar: 12.5g
WW Old Points: 3 pts - Points+: 4 pts
- 1 tbsp butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bunches of fresh asparagus (about 20 spears)
- 2 cups salt reduced, fat free chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk (unsweetened condensed milk)
- The juice of one lemon
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan for topping (optional)
- Prepare asparagus. Remove though ends then chop them.
- Heat a soup pot on medium heat. Melt butter and add onions. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in chicken stock and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until asparagus are super tender.
- Remove from the heat and, using an immersion blender, blend until totally smooth. Stir in evaporated milk and lemon, and mix well.
- Serve in bowls and top with freshly cracked pepper and shaved parmesan.
If you don't have an immersion blender, use a regular blender. Let the soup cool down before blending it though.
If you like your soup very thick, add a chopped potato along with the asparagus and the onion.