It’s been a crazy week and a crazy weekend. So much that I didn’t had time to post this Pesto Covered Pork Chops recipe I was suppose to publish…last Wednesday. Even though I already had the (bad) pic and recipe ready. I know, shame on me. The thing is, I’m working very hard on a very exciting project! I can’t wait to tell you more about it but this will need to wait a little bit more. I’m such an impatient girl, that’s ridiculous.
So, do you remember the buttermilk mashed potatoes recipe I posted last week? Well, these pork chops are the perfect meat to go with it. We don’t really eat meat anymore (generally no more than once or twice a week) but when we do, we like to enjoy something really good. That is no boring plain chicken breasts for instance. These pork chops are very flavorful, and paired with some mashed potatoes it’s the perfect Sunday lunch. Please, do me a favor and make your own pesto. It’s really easy and so addictive! You only need fresh basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan. Process all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender and you’re done! Convinced yet?
Cal: 369 - Protein: 41g - Fat: 21g - Carbs: 1g - Fiber: 1g
WW Old Points: 9 pts - Points+: 9 pts
- Cooking spray
- 2 pork chops, fat trimmed
- 4 tablespoons homemade pesto (or store-bought, but homemade is 10x better!)
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium hight heat and coat with cooking spray. When hot, add pork chops and cook until done (about 2-3 minutes per side, but it will vary according to their size).
- In the meantime, prepare your pesto. In a blender or food processor, combine basil leaves, garlic, parmesan, pine nuts (optional) and olive oil. Blend or process until you reach the desired consistency. (see detailed recipe here.)
- When the meat is done, remove from skillet using tongs (do not use a fork, you would lose the precious juice!) and let it rest on a warm plate.
- Spread pesto on pork chops and serve immediately.
If you want to use homemade pesto, make it at the last minute (pesto tends to lose its flavor quickly).