What if you could make a delicious dessert in less than 25 minutes, prep and baking including? And we’re not talking Greek Yogurt with fresh fruits and honey here. Nah, we’re talking real dessert here. I seriously cannot express how much I loved those mini strawberry pies. I had a friend coming over for lunch yesterday and we made those pies. We each ate one before lunch, just to ‘taste’ them and make sure they were good, and another one for…dessert, just because.
And in case you care, we then suffered A LOT in Body Attack class. But in a good way, because it’s good for us and we had two pies to get rid of before they come all the way down to our hips. I know it’s basically not the way it works. You won’t be fine if you eat 200 cal then sweat those 200 cal out at the gym. But that’s what I like to believe from time to time, when I’m facing something really good to eat and looking for an excuse. We all do that every once in a while, right? Anyway, if you eat one, you’ll be just fine! And if you eat two, I’ll just look away and pretend I didn’t see anything 😉
Recipe slightly adapted from Pampas.
Cal: 188 - Protein: 3g - Fat: 11g - Carbs: 20g - Fiber: 1.9g - Sugar: 6.8g
WW Old Points: 4 pts - Points+: 5 pts
- 1 square sheet reduced fat puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- about 1 tablespoon fat free milk (for the glaze)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut pastry sheet into 4 squares and place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal and 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle over centre of each pastry square, leaving a 1'' border.
- In another small bowl, combine strawberries with remaining sugar. Top each pastry square with strawberries. Fold corners up over fruit, pinching edges together but leaving a gap at the top.
- Lightly brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar (optional). Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Those mini pies must be served when still warm!
If you eat two instead of one, that's fine, I won't tell because that's precisely what I did.