Guys I can’t tell you how excited I am! Today, I’m hosting my first blog giveaway on Not Enough Cinnamon! Yayyy! I’m offering you a copy of Martha Stewart’s cookbook Martha’s American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation’s Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast.
I personally love this book. It’s full of no fail recipes with detailed instructions and beautiful pictures. It’s organized by region: all-American, Northeast, South, Midwest, Southwest, and finally West. Martha presents the most emblematic dishes of each area. Want an example? Let’s say we want our taste buds to travel to the Southwest. Thanks to this book, you’ll be able to treat yourself with a Tequila Bloody Mary and a Seven-Layer Dip for starters, then a yummy Tamale Pie and say…a Texas Sheet Cake for dessert. Or a Spiced Pumpkin Flan. Or both. Your call. And if by any chance, you’re not drooling yet, just know that this book has over 400 pages. I don’t know exactly how many recipes that makes, but it’s a lot. There’s no way you won’t find something you like. And if you already master the whole American cuisine, first I’m impressed and second that would be a great gift for a novice. See, no excuse whatsoever!
To drag you here in the first place, I decided to make Philadelphia Cheesesteak because:
1. It reminds me of Philly, and makes me feel nostalgic.
2. It’s perfect for a game day (Go Eagles!).
3. It’s obviously super good. Cheese + onions + steak. You know what I’m talking about.
To enter the giveaway, just follow the instruction in the Rafflecopter widget below (if it doesn’t show, refresh your browser). The giveaway will end in a week, Monday 28th. The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted by email. She/he will have 2 days to claim the prize or another winner will be chosen. US residents only.
Recipe from Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast [Hardcover]
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more if needed
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 pound thinly sliced white provolone
- 4 soft hero or hoagie buns, warmed and split
- Italian pickled peppers, for serving (optional)
- Tightly roll the steak into a log, and wrap securely in plastic. Freeze until firm but not frozen, about 45 minutes. Remove plastic and, working quickly, slice the beef into paper-thin strips, almost shaving the beef. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high; add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook onions, stirring, until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to skillet. Working in batches, if necessary, cook the beef until lightly browned and cooked through, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes. Add more olive oil between batches, as needed.
- Stir in the onion mixture to combine, then add cheese and stir until melted and combined. Spoon into buns and serve immediately, with peppers, if desired.