Today I made you a simple yet very tasty salad. The ingredients are pretty basic but together they burst with flavors. If you think a green bean salad is bland, then you need to think again!
It’s 115F in Sydney, hot crazy weather again, and the only thing I wanna do is lie in bed, take a cold shower and repeat the process until tonight, when hopefully it is cooler. I had in mind a delicious dessert for you guys, but I’m afraid you’ll have to wait. There’s no way I can turn the oven on. Did I mention there’s no AC in our unit? Well, there’s no AC in our unit. So I give you a fresh and healthy salad, so I can stay alive and you can stay fit. Good deal, right?
Cal: 243 - Protein: 6.65g - Fat: 14.92g - Carbs: 27.14g - Sugars: 13.86g - Fiber: 10.43g - WW Old Points: 5 pts - Points+: 7 pts
- 8 oz fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp shallots,chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Steam your green beans (check this link for different cooking methods) and let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix together mustard, vinegar and oil.
- In a plate or small salad bowl, combine green beans, sun dried tomatoes, shallots, basil.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and serve.
I eat this salad for lunch or dinner as a main, but you could also serve it as a side. In that case, the serving size would be smaller.