Yesterday, I’ve experienced my first crazy hot Australian summer day. And when I say crazy, I mean CRAZY. It was 110F! I literally felt like a turkey roasting in the oven. Even the evening breeze, that usually freshens up the air, was warm. My primary goal was to find some place with AC to stay and cool off.
Cal: 331 - Protein: 13g - Fat: 9.5g - Carbs: 47.4g - Sugar: 1.8g - Fiber: 4.2g - WW Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 8 pts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk, heated
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (3.5 oz)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz linguine (or any pasta you like) - 2 oz per person-
- 1 bouillon cube (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package direction, with a bouillon cube (stock). Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, about 2 minutes. Don't let it brown!
- Add the hot milk, continuing to whisk as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil.
- Add blue cheese and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, whisking for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat, pour over pasta and mix well to coat. Serve immediately.
The leftovers will dry out a bit. Add some milk when reheating them.