Who has an healthy and skinny Christmas planned? hum…nobody, I guess. If there’s one moment during the year when you’re “allowed” let go a little, it’s definitively the holidays. So I though a good salad loaded with healthy ingredients couldn’t hurt our December festive-and-not-particularly-healthy diet. Especially since the blog will be featuring Snickers Brownies on Friday (you’d better stay tuned, they’re pretty good). Oh yeah.
This Mushroom, Apple and Goat Cheese Salad comes together in minutes and is perfect for a quick lunch. If you buy sliced mushrooms, there’s hardly no prep to do, besides slicing the apple and making the vinaigrette. The combination of mushrooms, apples, goat cheese and arugula is very tasty. But the best part is probably the honey-balsamic vinaigrette, with a touch of shallot. I love this dressing! Keep this recipe in mind, you can use it in many different salads and the result will always be delicious.
Cal: 190 - Protein: 6.5g - Fat: 13.7g - Carbs: 12.3g - Sugar: 2.9g - Fiber: 8.5g - WW Old Points: 4 pts - Points+: 5 pts
- 1 lb mushrooms, chopped
- 2 (4-oz.) packages arugula (8 oz total)
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and honey. Whisk in shallots and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss together arugula, apple, mushrooms. Transfer to individual serving plates, and sprinkle with goat cheese. Drizzle with honey-balsamic vinaigrette and serve.
This recipe was adapted from Southern Living magazine.