Hi guys, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I guess most of you are preparing Christmas, testing out recipes and buying last minute gifts! Christmas in Australia really is a weird thing. Everything looks normal: there’re Christmas trees, snow decorations and we eat turkey as well. Except it’s 90F, the sun shines and you see girls in bikini on the street. Totally puzzling.
With no transition, let’s talk about this beef. I wouldn’t be honest if I’d claimed this recipe was mine. It’s Solal that actually “invented” it. Back in France when I was working very close from his parent’s house, I used to come for lunch almost every day. Those Asian Style Steak lunches were one of my favorites. Solal doesn’t cook a lot (mostly because I’m always hogging the kitchen) but when he does, he’s really creative, never uses a recipe and it turns out great almost every time. This Asian Style Steak is perfect if you have no cooking skills and no time. It does need to marinate at least 30 minutes, but you put the bowl in your fridge, forget about it and come back later. Then heat your skillet, pour the mixture, wait 1 minute, stir, wait another 30 seconds and you’re done. The best recipes are often the simplest.
Cal: 254 - Fat: 27.6g - Protein: 9.4g - Carbs: 12.8g - Sugar: 0.7g - Fiber: 9.2g - WW Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 8 pts
- 1 lb good quality steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, sriracha and cornstarch. Add steak and onion and toss to coat them with sauce. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, mixing from time to time.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on high heat. When hot, pour in steak, onion and sauce. DO NOT STIR. Cook for 1 minute. Then stir well, and cook another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately over jasmine rice.
Nutritional info do not include rice.