This 20-minute Turkey Chili is the perfect meal for a busy week night when you don’t have a lot of time to cook but still want to enjoy a tasty and healthy dinner with your family. Besides from chopping the onion and garlic gloves, there’s virtually no prep to do. You just throw the ingredients in the skillet, stir and cook them 15 minutes and you’re good to go! Oh, and you only have one pot to clean. Don’t you love that?
In this recipe, I’m using turkey. I think it’s a good healthy substitute for beef. It’s leaner and you won’t taste the difference. But if you’d rather use beef, feel free to do so!
The black beans make this dish high in dietary fibers, and those are good for you! They are known to lower risk for developing heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and certain gastrointestinal diseases. Increasing fiber intake lowers blood pressure and serum cholesterol levels. Black beans are also a good source of protein. Good to know, right?
This 20-Minute Turkey Chili is not only healthy, it’s also hearty and satisfying. A small bowl filled me up. And it makes great leftovers for lunch!
Cal: 478 - Protein: 41g - Fat: 14g - Carbs: 50g - Sugar: 4g - Fiber: 17g - WW Old Points: 10 pts - Points+: 11 pts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14-oz can corn kernels
- 1 14-oz can black beans
- 1/2 tbsp hot chili flakes
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and break into pieces. Brown the meat, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, corn kernels, blacks beans and hot chili flakes.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add shredded cheese and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Optional: top with sour cream and additional cheese.