I hope you don’t mind if I keep it quite short today, but I have like a million things to do. But hey, that doesn’t mean you should not try this Poulet Basquaise! It is seriously delicious AND healthy. Oh and super easy too!
Cal: 255 - Protein: 28g - Fat: 8g - Carbs: 14g - Fiber: 3.6g - Sugar: 8g - WW Old Points: 5 pts - Points+: 6 pts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 chicken legs (drumstick+tigh), skin on
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 red beller pepper, peeled and cubed
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Brown chicken for about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Drain excess fat if needed.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minutes, paying attention not to burn them.
- Deglaze with wine and scrub the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add bell pepper, tomato, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix and return chicken to the pan.
- Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Serve with rice on the side, and you're good to go!
The traditional recipe calls for 2 lb fresh cubed tomatoes, but I prefer to use canned crushed tomatoes. You can also add 1 green bell pepper.
You might also like:
Click on the link or picture to see the recipe