If you’re like me and you’ve been eating loaded creamy chicken potato skins, Asian beef noodles (recipe coming this Friday!), brownies and other deliciousness those days, a good healthy soup full of veggies wouldn’t hurt to restore some kind of balance (at least, that’s what I like to believe).
So here comes my Roasted Bell Peppers Soup! Like I just said, this soup is loaded with delicious veggies (that’s good for you) and there’s no added fat (that’s also very good for you). Most importantly, this soup is delicious. Simple, but delicious. The strong taste of the bell peppers is softened by the crushed tomatoes. The strength is easily adjustable by using more or less tomatoes, according to your taste. It’s true that 45 minutes may sounds like a fussy process for a simple soup but actually once you put the bell peppers in the oven, you can almost forget them.
So go ahead, grab some bell peppers and let’s get started!
Hey, if you’re in the mood for a warm yummy soup but don’t really like bell peppers, I have something for you too! Check this Skinny Cream of Mushroom Soup, it’s one of my favorite soup ever!
Cal: 96 - Protein: 4.5g - Fat: 1.4g - Carbs: 18g - Fiber: 4.9g - Sugar: 10g - WW Old Points: 1 pts - Points+: 2 pts
- 5 red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°
- Line a baking sheet with foil, arrange bell peppers and roast them for about 45 minutes or until very tender, turning them regularly so they roast evenly. Don't worry if peppers start turning black, it's normal (see the pics?). Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Remove skin and seeds, and roughly cut the bell peppers.
- In a blender, add bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, stock and salt to taste. Blend until smooth. Add more stock or water if you want your soup to be less thick.
- Reheat soup in a saucepan over low heat (about 10 minutes) or in the microwave and enjoy!
Serve this soup with a tomato and feta bruschetta on the side, for extra yumminess! Bonus: it's similarly delicious eaten cold or hot!