Smoked Salmon Potato Salad with a Creamy Dill Dressing
This summer when we were in Auvergne, France, our hostess Beatrice made us a very good potato salad with fresh dill. It inspired me to create my own smoked salmon potato salad with a creamy dill dressing, substituting and adding some ingredients.
I kept the idea of fresh dill because I think it compliments very well the potatoes.
The main addition was smoked salmon, to make this salad a main dish, perfect for a lunch or a get-together.
I also added capers and made a lighter dressing. While she used heavy cream, I used a combo of half and half and fat free plain Greek yogurt, along with some Dijon mustard and lemon. And the result is a super yummy salad, very satisfying, fresh and easy to make!
If you’re craving for carbs but aren’t in the mood for potatoes or smoked salmon, check my Shrimp Pasta Salad. It’s one of my favorite salad : simple, quick and delicious!
Enough talking for today, happy friday everyone!!
Cal: 190 - Protein: 8.87g - Fat: 2.53g - Carbs: 33.8g - Fiber: 2.56g - Sugar: 3.27g - WW Old Points: 3 pts - Points+: 5 pts
- 2 lb potatoes (like Red-Skinned or Russet), washed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 slices smoked salmon (about 5 oz), cut into strips
- 1 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek style yogurt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Cook the potatoes. Peel the potatoes if needed (I prefer to leave the skin on), cut them into 1-inch pieces and rinse them. Place potatoes in a large pan, cover with water, add salt and cook on high heat. Bring the water to a boil and cook 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and let cool completely.
- Make the dressing. While potatoes are cooling down, in a small bowl, combine half and half, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and fresh dill. Mix well and keep in the fridge.
- Make the salad.In a salad bowl, mix potatoes, onion, capers and smoked salmon together.
- When ready to eat, pour dressing on the salad, and mix well to coat. Best served chilled.
If want to make this salad ahead, prepare the salad without the dressing and make the dressing at the last moment.