Creamy Chicken Wraps
August 4, 2012 8 Comments
The other day I was in the mood for some wraps. And chicken. So I made chicken wraps. As simple as that. I chopped a few crudités, poached some chicken breast and tossed everything with a mayo/greek-yoghurt sauce. And the result was gooood. I love chicken wraps!
Poaching chicken allows it to stay very moist and to be shredded very easily. Not to mention it’s a skinny cooking method since you don’t need to add any fat. Win win.
Not sure how to poach chicken? It’s quite simple. Place chicken breast on the bottom of a saucepan. Cover with fat free, low sodium broth. You can add herbs like thyme, oregano, bay leaf.. anything that suits your taste. Bring to boil then reduce immediately and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Half a wrap filled me up (they were large), so the serving size (and so the nutritional info) is for 1/2 wrap. But if you’re starving or just love wraps, double up the info.
You love chicken, but aren’t in a mood for wraps? Try my Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken and enjoy this last month of summer with a great BBQ recipe!
Cal: 184.5 - Protein: 11.6g - Fat: 5.6g - Carbs: 21.6g - Fiber: 2g - Sugar: 3.2g
Old Points: 4 pts - Points+: 5 pts
- 2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 tbsp fat free greek style yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, onion, cucumber, tomato, salt and pepper. Add mayo and yogurt, toss well to combine.
- Reheat tortillas in a very hot pan or in the microwave. Arrange 2 lettuce leaves per tortilla. Spread chicken and crudités mixture in the center and wrap tortilla tightly. Cut in half and serve immediately.