I think this is one of the best pasta with tomato sauce I’ve ever had. I’m serious. This is really good stuff. And the best part is that it’s skinny and you wouldn’t even notice. It’s creamy and cheezy but guess what? There’s absolutely no cream in that sauce. You know me, it love good food and I definitively love to eat. But I also want to watch my weight and eat healthy, so sometimes I need to make a few adjustments to enjoy without guilt.
And the secret ingredient for creamy, light and guiltless meals is…evaporated milk! Sometime, it’s also called unsweetened condensed milk. This is quite an amazing ingredient that can be used in a great variety of recipes.
If you have leftovers, just reheat the pasta with a little -regular- milk.
I’m off to Normandy for a couple of days with my family. Have a wonderful week-end, and see you soon!
Pasta + Sauce
Cal: 382.5 - Protein: 22.3g - Fat: 4g - Carbs: 64.2g - Fiber: 3.1g - Sugar: 20.1g - WW Old Points: 7 pts - Points+: 10 pts
Cal: 152.5 - Protein: 14.52g - Fat: 1.4g - Carbs: 21.2g - Fiber: 1.35g - Sugar: 18.6g - WW Old Points: 3 pts - Points+: 4 pts
- 4 oz uncooked pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 1 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup double concentrated tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese of your choice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare tomato sauce. In a medium bowl, combine evaporated milk and cornstarch, and whisk. Add tomato paste and garlic, and whisk again.
- In a medium saucepan cook tomato mixture on medium heat for about 30 seconds, whisking constantly to avoid sauce to burn. Remove from heat.
- When pasta is ready, transfer it to the saucepan along with tomato sauce. Add shredded cheese and mix well. Serve immediately.
The sauce will dry out a bit cooling down. If you have leftovers, add a little milk to make it creamy again.
Use can also use this sauce for zucchini pasta.