Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich
July 20, 2012 7 Comments
Last wednesday, we had a wonderful day with my boyfriend Solal. We had a picnic lunch at Versailles, near Paris – you know The Sun King, Marie-Antoinette, the French Revolution…- and oh boy this place is amazing. If you’re planning to visit France someday, this is definitively a place to go. And since the surroundings were incredible, we had to have an outstanding meal, right? So I decided to make my favorite sandwiches ever: french baguette with prosciutto, pesto, fig chutney, and arugula. God I wish I could eat that more often! Recipe coming soon!!
Speaking of sandwiches, let’s focus on what you came for: those beautiful smoked salmon club sandwich. Let me tell you something: they.are.delicious. And I know what I’m talking about, I’m eating one right now. Forget everything I said about that sandwich I had at Versailles, this one is all about simplicity. And yumminess. This is what I love about cooking: you can make amazing things with simple ingredients and almost zero skills. So, no tips and tricks today, I’m pretty sure you’re already skilled for that one (but if you’re not, feel free to ask anything)
And you know what? That’s ok if you don’t like smoked salmon. I’ve already tried with bacon and turkey, and it’s a winner too! No more excuses.
(I just wanted to let you know that I’ve finished my sandwich now, and I’m kind of sad…Wish there were more)
Cal: 400 - Protein: 12.77g - Fat: 8.22g - Carbs: 46.6g - Fiber: 3g - Sugar: 9.7g
Old Points: 8 pts - Point+: 8 pts
- 8 slices white/whole wheat bread
- 3 oz Light Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/3 cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz smoked salmon (aka lox)
- 1/4 cup red onions, sliced
- Toast bread. Spread cream cheese. Set aside half of the slices (4 slices)
- Add 4 cucumber's slices, 2 tomato's slices, 1/4 of salmon, and 1/4 of red onion on each of the 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 triangular pieces. Secure each piece with a toothpick.
I served it with -a little- potato chips and a salad. Delicious dinner.
I’m sure you want all your Pinterest followers to discover those yummy sandwiches, don’t you? 😉
So here you go, this is the step by step recipe!