You’re going to meet the ultimate summer comfort food. This Shrimp Pasta Salad is so good I could eat some again, and again, and again. But I try to control myself… I still want to fit in my jeans, if you know what I mean. When it’s hot outside (and inside), this is the perfect refreshing lunch (or dinner!) you’re craving for.
It’s also the perfect dish when you need to bring “something” to a BBQ or a backyard party!
No big surprise with the ingredients. You’ll only need some pasta (I used Rigatoni, they do the job perfectly), cooked shrimps, light mayonnaise, red onion and lemon. If you don’t like shrimp, not problem! Just sub with grilled chicken or tuna!
Here is a simple trick on cooking pasta. I always use a fat-free and low sodium chicken bouillon cube (from Knorr) in the water to cook them. It gives a wonderful flavor very easily with no added calories.
I highly recommend that you don’t eat the salad right away but let it stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes after making it. It will allow the flavors to fully develop and the salad will be fresh. Believe me, it’s like 10 times better.
Shrimp Pasta Salad
Servings: 1 – Serving size: about 1 1/2 cup
Cal: 336 – Protein: 19.57 g – Fat: 6.69 g – Carbs: 48.3 g – Fiber: 2.5 g – Sugar: 3.87g
Old Points: 7 pts – Points+: 9 pts
- 2 oz uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 bouillon cube Knorr (optional)
- 3 oz cooked shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- chive, for garnish (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package direction in water with chicken bouillon cube (or just salt if you don’t have some). Set aside and let cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, shrimps, onion. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Toss well.
3. Set aside in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or until ready to eat. Garnish with chopped chive and serve.
You can easily double or tripe the recipe if you need to make this for a larger crowd.