Today is my blog’s one week anniversary! yay!
What? Nobody cares about a one week anniversary? Oh ok, sorry about that, it’s just that I’m really excited I finally launched my food blog!!
But now, let’s be serious for like…a minute. Just one. Let’s talk about food and this new recipe. The weather in Paris is finally getting better (it still doesn’t feel like summer but let’s say…spring. Which is better than the rainy days we’ve been having lately) so I was in a mood for a refreshing salad. And this Bulgur Summer Salad did the job perfectly. The fresh mint, together with some tomatoes and cucumber makes it very fresh and light. And thanks to the bulgur and the chickpeas this salad is totally satisfying for a lunch or a light dinner.
And did I mention this recipe is really easy and quick? You cook the bulgur, chop the ingredients, and combine. Never heard of bulgur? Check out this article!
Now tell me, do you see any good reason for you not to try this salad?
Cal: 290 – Protein: 13.10g – Fat: 2.98g – Carbs: 57.38g – Fiber: 14.6g – Sugar: 7.6 g - WW Old Points: 5 pts – Points+: 7 pts
- 1/2 cup dried bulgur
- 1 cup salted water
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion white, chopped
- 5 leaves fresh mint, finely chopped
- the juice of 1.5 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick skillet, brown bulgur (don’t add any oil or butter). Add water, bring to a boil and reduce to low heat. Cook until water has fully evaporated. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix together bulgur, chickpeas, tomates, cucumber, scallion, mint and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.