Patriotic Phyllo Berry Tart
4th of july is just around the corner now so I though I would bring to you this easy red, white and blue dessert to celebrate! I hope your menu isn’t completely scheduled yet, and if it is, you should consider changing it a little bit. 😉
This tart is light, creamy and crispy at the same time. Believe me, it will disappear from your guests’s plates in no time. And because you don’t want to spend the whole day in your kitchen, it comes together very quickly. Need to say more?
Put some phyllo dough rectangles in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Spread some ricotta cheese with sugar.
Shape a flag with some raspberries and blackberries. And you’re done! See? Easy.
KCal: 315 - Protein: 2.43 g - Fat: 4.4 g - Carbs: 43.9 g - Fiber: 5.25 g - Sugar: 28.7 g
Old Points: 6 pts - Points+: 6 pts
- 1 1/2 cup part skim Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries (or blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta and sugar. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Cut 24 rectangles (about 5"x3") of phyllo dough (6 per tart)
- Place one rectangle of phyllo dough on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Place another rectangle on top of it and repeat with a total of 6 rectangle/tart.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- With a spoon or a spatula, spread ricotta mixture on phyllo rectangles. Make sure to leave an 0.5" border on the edges.
- Shape an US flag with raspberries and blackberries
You can bake the phyllo dough and prepare the ricotta mixture ahead but assemble the tarts just before serving.
You can also substitute raspberries with strawberries, and blackberries with blueberries.